Friday, May 04, 2007

Hefty Baby


And, tipping the scales at 10+ lbs... introducing Baby James!! (applause and cheering please). Alright, alright, so 10 lbs. isn't exactly mammoth, but if you consider that Cousin Ashlyn took over six months to make 10 lbs. (granted, she lost some weight when she was sick), it's a much bigger accomplishment than you might think. I've got a ways to go before I catch up with Andersen, but even so, the doctor (not to mention mom and dad) was quite impressed by my growth!

I'm a pretty strong baby, too -- always kicking out with my feet and struggling to keep my head up and steady. It's a tough workout, but it's paying off as every day I get closer to independence. 6 weeks down, 982 to go!

3 comments:

the man said...

"it only took her 2 months to get to 10 lbs dude!" That's an exact quote from Heather. But you're right she's dainty, good thing she's a girl, 'cause if she was a boy he'd be a wuss...

#15 said...

Alright alright, so I just checked over Cousin Ashlyn's blog, and I was wrong. 12 lbs. Making it to 12 lbs. in 6 mos. is what I meant (instead of 10 lbs. in 6 mos.), but now I have nothing to brag about, because I haven't made it there yet! Dang it all!

andrew said...

Andersen doubled his weight in two months - about 14 lbs. Is James there yet? (he sure looks it!!) :)