Friday, March 23, 2007

Call me Tang... James Tang

Well, quite the debate had been raging over the past few days as to what my name should be, with suggestions ranging from Baby Gaa and Baby Bugooglio (both Isaac's suggestions), Baby Lilly II and Baby Ethan II (both Ethan's suggestions), and Baby Unnhhh (Lilly's suggestion), to more conventional names like Jacob, Joel, Jaden/Jadon, Jared/Jarett, and James. Mom and dad finally settled on a name though, and I'm just glad it's not Bugooglio Tang. Poochie IV no longer, you can call me Tang... James Tang. (And incidentally, my middle name is Courtney, after my Grandpa Bailey's first name.) Whatever you do, just don't call me Jim -- this means you, Richard "Dick" Barker!



Mom was released today from the hospital, less than 48 hours post-surgery. Hurrah, I got to go home earlier than I expected!

So, at around noon today, I was put in my oversize carseat (or maybe I'm just undersized?) and mom and I were whisked home by dad (accompanied by Ethan and Isaac). After dropping us off at home, dad promptly drove to the University to go to work for the afternoon, leaving my brothers and sister at various babysitters along the way so mom could continue recuperating in peace and quiet. Good thing, because as soon as they got home later that evening, the whole house was filled with the sounds of toddlers working their way through "the witching hour," as mom and dad call it. Noisy! Not that I noticed, honestly. In the two and a half days since I was born, dad still hasn't actually seen me awake with my eyes open (although mom assures him I can open my eyes), and even the great wailings of my brothers and sister (especially the sister) weren't enough to make a difference! I guess I just like my sleep!

3 comments:

the man said...

good name!!! haha dick barker! heather said what about jimmy?

Annette Bailey said...

Lillian was saying "Baby moved" in that video. She used to feel the baby move in my tummy and say the same thing! :)

Anonymous said...

You write very well.